Friday 4 April 2014

Citrus with Cocktails Baby


The weekend is here!  Boo Ha cold weather I am making a Gin Fizz.  

So long G&T. 
A recent trip to Ontario introduced me to Dillons small batch gin and I have converted to the Gin Fizz.
Dillons is a classic distilled gin crafted in copper pots. It is unfiltered to maintain its flavour, its base is the local Niagara grape, its finished by sending vapour through 22 botanicals. The flavour is so amazing that I have traded in the tonic for club soda. If the lemon or lime juice is fresh and sweet, try it with a meyer lemon, you can leave out the simple syrup. Alas I can't find Dillons Gin in Alberta but I have stocked my bar with a bounty of small batch gins and I'll let you know how things progress!

Cocktail Gin Fizz


Equipment: Pitcher or Shaker, tall or high ball glasses
Servings: 2

Ingredients for Two

Ice

3 oz gin
11/2 oz fresh lemon or lime juice
1-2 oz simple syrup or 2 tsp super fine sugar or to taste

Club soda

Order of Events

  1. Pour all ingredients over ice in a mixing container, pitcher or shaker except club soda.
  2. Shake or stir and strain into 2 high ball glasses.
  3. Fill with club soda.
  4. Traditionally no garnish but I love a slice of citrus and a bit of mint.
  5. Repeat


Simple Syrup for Cocktails


Ingredients

2 parts water
1 part sugar

Order of Events

  1. Boil 2 parts water and 1 part sugar in a pot, stirring to dissolve sugar.

  1. Cool completely before using.


Keeps for 6 months refrigerated 

No comments:

Post a Comment